It will be about five years since I have had a newborn so I feel like I am starting all over and I am quickly remembering how much newborns need. Luckily I have some pretty awesome mommy friends that can give me some tips and tricks to the modern day newborn must haves. I must admit going from boys to a girl I am really getting into all things girly and pink and it is so much fun.
I decided to start on some diaper bag essentials. I am not a big bag or purse person, in fact I usually try to carry as little as possible and I don’t need much with a 8 and 4 year old. Now I am trying to put together a diaper bag where I will have quality essentials at hand, yet still keep things pretty simple. Here is a few things I have gotten so far. I know there will probably need to be more added in the future but I love all these products and feel I am headed in the right direction.
- Nursing/Car seat cover from Covered Goods. I am so excited about these! When I had my boys they didn’t have anything like this that I knew of. I feel like I was having a constant fight with a blanket for feeding or covering the carseat. This 4 in one nursing cover does it all and is amazing. If you haven’t seen these make sure to check them out. I can’t wait to use mine.
- Water – Hydration is key!
- Lulu and Roo Sleeper For an extra change of clothes. I am in love with this sleeper especially how easy they are to take off and on for when you are out and about. I am pretty sure I will have one in my bag at all times.
- Wipes– Of course you can’t leave the house without them.
- I can’t even stand how cute these bibs are from Billy bibs. I die!!!
- Cozy toy- both my boys did better when they had a friend to snuggle in their car seat and I just love these cute and cuddly friends from Blabla Kids
- Pacifier and pacifier clip- I feel like this is another must have. Ryan and Rose have so many cute clip options.
- Diapers– I just lose it when I see newborn diapers. Ahhh!!! So damn cute and small!
- Cute bows- Because she is my baby girl and she needs lots of bows.
- Bottles– Have you guys ever tried glass bottles? I am super excited to try these out from Natursutten I have heard a lot of good things about them and I love their brand.
- Teether– I love that this cute ice-cream teether from Loulou Lollipop has a clip so it won’t get lost.
- Another cute teether from Loulou Lollipop
- Note books– because I need to write things down so I don’t lose my mind (I mean lose what I have left) I got these extra cute ones at Paper Crush.
- Sun screen/lotion– Something that I always forget is to sunscreen the family. I just need to cary this around so I always have protection for my family from the sun. I love Aveeno because it is so moisturizing I can double it as lotion and sunscreen, and it is safe for baby which is a plus.
- Super soft and stretchy blanket from Lulu and Roo. why? Because it is the best blanket ever! This is also something that will be in my bag at all times.
- And of course a totesavvy with lots of pockets to keep everything organized and easy to get to.
Shop this post here.
Let me know what I am missing or what your must have diaper bag items are in the comments below. I would love to hear what your favorite products are that you can’t go without.
src=”http://simplystitchedblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Diaper-bag-must-haves.jpg” alt=”” width=”2419″ height=”3426″ />